About Accellera Systems Initiative
Accellera Systems Initiative is an independent, not-for profit organization dedicated to create, support, promote, and advance system-level design, modeling, and verification standards for use by the worldwide electronics industry. We are composed of a broad range of members that fully support the work of our technical committee to develop technology standards that are balanced, open, and benefit the worldwide electronics industry. Leading companies and semiconductor manufacturers around the world are using our electronic design automation (EDA) and intellectual property (IP) standards in a wide range of projects in numerous application areas to develop consumer, mobile, wireless, automotive, and other “smart” electronic devices. Through an ongoing partnership with the IEEE, standards and technical implementations developed by Accellera Systems Initiative are contributed to the IEEE for formal standardization and ongoing governance.
- Provide design and verification standards required by systems, semiconductor, IP, and design tool companies to enhance a front-end design automation process.
- Collaborate with our community of companies, individuals, and organizations to deliver standards that lower the cost of designing commercial IC and EDA products and embedded system solutions, as well as increase the productivity of designers worldwide.
- Encourage availability and adoption of next-generation EDA and IP standards that encompass system-level, RT-level, and gate-level design flows.
- Collaborate with the electronic design community to deliver standards that increase designer productivity and lower the cost of product development.
- Provide mechanisms that enable the continued growth of the Accellera Systems Initiative user community including SystemC, Universal Verification Methodology (UVM), and IP-XACT.
- Standardize technical implementations developed by Accellera Systems Initiative through the IEEE.
Accellera members directly influence development of the most important and widely used standards in electronic design. Member companies protect and leverage their investment in design languages through their funding of a proven, effective and responsible organization. In addition, our members have a higher level of visibility in the EDA industry as active participants in Accellera-sponsored activities and as contributors to its decisions, which impact the EDA industry. For a full list of technical activities that are supported by Accellera, and for information on how to join us, please visit our website at www.accellera.org.