Speaker Resource Center
Congratulations on being accepted to present at DVCon U.S. 2017! This Speaker Center is designed to help you prepare for your final proceedings papers, slide presentation and your responsibilities at conference.
New this year: Please be sure to review the below instructions carefully for the updated draft and final paper process and deadlines.
Please note that submitter of the abstract is responsible for completing the confirmation form, and all draft paper requirements. Final papers and slides/poster and remaining duties are the responsibility of the speaker.
- NEW Wednesday, August 24 Extended Abstract Deadline
- Tuesday, October 18 Official Accept/Reject Notification
- Tuesday, October 25 Speaker Confirmation Forms Due
- Tuesday, November 8 Draft Paper Due
- Sunday, November 20 Receive Draft Paper Feedback
- Monday, December 5 Submit Second Draft Paper
- Thursday, December 15 Submit Final Paper & Confirmation Forms
- Tuesday, January 10Draft Slides and Bio Due
- Monday, February 13Final Slides Due for Archive
Deadline: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Abstracts are due to the submission site by August 18.
- Submitters will receive official notification of accept/reject by October 18.
- Accepted abstracts are expected to complete the steps listed on this page to produce a paper for the proceedings and prepare their presentation for conference.
Finalizing Your Paper
Please follow the three below steps to prepare your final paper for publication.
Deadline: Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Step One: Submit Your Draft Paper for Review
- Accepted abstracts must submit a draft paper for review between October 18 and November 8.
- Paper guidelines:
- PDF format
- Single-spaced, one column format
- Download Proceedings Paper Templates
- Review comments will be provided by the TPC by November 20.
Deadline: Monday, December 5
Step Two: Revise Your Draft Paper and Submit Second Draft
- Revised papers must be received by December 5.
- TPC will provide final approval by December 12.
Deadline: Thursday, December 15
Step Three: Submit Final Paper for Proceedings and Copyright Form
- Final papers, minimum of 8 pages, must be submtited for the proceedings no later than December 15.
- Copyright forms must be submitted along with the final paper.
- Choose only ONE of the following versions to complete and return. Instructions will be provided for form upload.
Registration & Visas
Deadline: Friday, January 20
- Registration instructions will be sent to the speaker in January.
- The speaker must be registered by Friday, January 20.
- You may contact Nannette Jordan with registration questions.
- One person from the paper must be registered before the final paper can be submitted.
- Failure to register will result in your paper being removed from the conference proceedings.
Visit the Registration area to learn about traveling to the US, obtaining a Visa, and how to contact the DVCon Office for an invitation letter.
Deadline: Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Submit Bio and Draft Slides
- Submit draft slides and speaker bio through your Navigation Center.
- Feedback on draft slides will be sent to the speaker by Tuesday, January 31.
- Slide Presentation Template - Please note that you may have your company logo on the first slide only.
- Please use a 4:3 aspect ratio on all slides.
- Please prepare a 25 minute presentation + 5 minutes for Q&A.
Deadline: Monday, February 13, 2017
Submit Final Slides for the Archive
- Submit final slides through your Navigation Center.
- All speakers are required to bring their slides to the conference and load them on the computers in the meeting room.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to load slides on computer.
Audio Visual Information
This is a list of the equipment you will find in each of the presentation rooms.
- LCD projector, resolution 1024x768
- Computer Equipment/Software Dell D360 Latitude, DVD/CD-ROM, Dual Core, USB
- Windows XP Operating System, Office 2007 software, OpenOffice, LibreOffice
- Acrobat Reader
- Podium microphone
- Lavalier microphone
- Aisle microphones for questions
- Laser pointer
- Speaker timer