Speaker Resource Center
Congratulations on being accepted to present at DVCon U.S. 2019! This Speaker Center is designed to help you prepare for your final proceedings papers, slide presentation and your responsibilities at conference.
Please note that submitter of the abstract is responsible for completing the confirmation form, and all draft paper requirements. Final papers and slides and remaining duties are the responsibility of the speaker.
Make sure to watch the video on how to make your DVCon presentation truly awesome!
- Monday, August 13 Abstract Deadline
- Monday, October 1 Official Accept/Reject Notification
- Monday, October 8 Speaker Confirmation Forms Due
- Monday, November 5Draft Paper Due
- Wednesday, November 14 Receive Draft Paper Feedback
- Friday, November 30 Submit Paper Incorporating Feedback for Approval
- Wednesday, December 10 Submit Final Paper & Copyright Form
- Tuesday, January 8Draft Slides and Bio Due
- Monday, February 11Final Slides Due for Archive
Deadline: Monday, October 1, 2018
- Submitters will receive official notification of accept/reject by October 1.
- Accepted abstracts are expected to complete the steps listed on this page to produce a paper for the proceedings and prepare their presentation for conference.
Finalizing Your Paper
Please follow theese steps below to prepare your final paper for publication.
Deadline: Monday, November 5
Step One: Submit Your Draft Paper for Review
- Accepted abstracts must submit a draft paper for review between October 8 and November 5.
- Paper guidelines:
- PDF format
- Single-spaced, one column format
- Download Proceedings Paper Templates
- Review comments will be provided by the TPC by November 14.
Deadline: Friday, November 30
Step Two: Submit New Version of Paper Incorporating TPC Feedback
- TPC members should have reviews finalized November 14.
- Upload the newest version of your paper, incorporating the feedback from TPC by November 30
- for TPC approval for conference.
Deadline: Monday, December 10
Step Three: Submit Final Paper for Proceedings and Copyright Form
- Final papers, minimum of 8 pages, must be submtited for the proceedings no later than December 10.
- Copyright forms must be submitted along with the final paper.
- Choose only ONE of the following versions to complete and return. Instructions will be provided for form upload.
Deadline: Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Submit Bio and Draft Slides
- Submit draft slides and speaker bio through your File Collections Link. This link will be sent directly to the Speaker from Jackie McIntosh.
- Feedback on draft slides will be sent to the speaker by Wednesday, January 16.
- Slide Presentation Template - Please note that you may have your company logo on the first slide only.
- Please use a 16:9 aspect ratio on all slides.
- Please prepare a 25 minute presentation + 5 minutes for Q&A.
Deadline: Monday, February 11, 2019
Submit Final Slides for the Archive
- Submit final slides through your personalized file collections link.
Registration & Visas
Deadline: Monday, January 28
- Registration instructions will be sent to the speaker in January.
- The speaker must be registered by Monday, January 28.
- You may contact Nannette Jordan with registration questions.
- One person from the paper must be registered before the final paper can be submitted.
- Failure to register will result in your paper being removed from the conference proceedings.
Visit the Registration area to learn about traveling to the US, obtaining a Visa, and how to contact the DVCon Office for an invitation letter.
- All speakers are required to bring their slides to the conference! Please arrive 30 minutes early to your session in order to load these slides to the laptop provided.
Audio Visual Information
This is a list of the equipment you will find in each of the presentation rooms.
- LCD projector, resolution 1024x576
- Computer Equipment/Software Dell D360 Latitude, DVD/CD-ROM, Dual Core, USB
- Windows XP Operating System, Office 2010 software, OpenOffice, LibreOffice
- Acrobat Reader
- Podium microphone
- Lavalier microphone
- Aisle microphones for questions
- Laser pointer
- Speaker timer