Speaker Resource Center
Congratulations on being accepted to present at DVCon U.S. 2020! This Speaker Center is designed to help you prepare for your final proceedings papers, slide presentation and your responsibilities at conference.
Please note that submitter of the abstract is responsible for completing the confirmation form, and all draft paper requirements. Final papers and slides and remaining duties are the responsibility of the speaker.
Make sure to watch the video on how to make your DVCon presentation truly awesome!
- Monday, August 12 Abstract Deadline
- Tuesday, October 1 Official Accept/Reject Notification
- Tuesday, October 8 Speaker Confirmation Forms Due
- Tuesday, Octoer 29 Draft Paper Due
- Tuesday, November 22 Receive Draft Paper Feedback
- Tuesday, December 10 Session Chairs to sign off on final draft papers
- Thursday, December 12 Last Day to Submit Final Proceeings Paper & Copyright Form
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020: Draft Slides and Bio Due
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020:
Feedback on slides due from Session Chair(s)
- Monday, January 27, 2020:
Speaker and poster presenter registration deadline
- Monday, February 10, 2020:
Final slide deck due
- Submitters will receive official notification of accept/reject by October 1.
- Accepted abstracts are expected to complete the steps listed on this page to produce a paper for the proceedings and prepare their presentation for conference.
Finalizing Your Paper
Please follow theese steps below to prepare your final paper for publication.
Step One: Submit Your Draft Paper for Review
- Accepted abstracts must submit a draft paper for review between October 8 and October 29.
- Paper guidelines:
- PDF format
- Single-spaced, one column format
- Download Proceedings Paper Templates
- Review comments will be provided by the Session Chair by November 22.
Step Two: Submit New Version of Paper Incorporating TPC Feedback
- Session Chairs should have feedback finalized November 22.
- Upload the newest version of your paper, incorporating the feedback by December 5
Step Three: Submit Final Paper for Proceedings and Copyright Form
- Final papers must be submtited for the proceedings no later than December 12. Please have you final paper submission be 8 pages or less.
- Copyright forms must be submitted along with the final paper.
- Choose only ONE of the following versions to complete and return. Instructions will be provided for form upload.
Submit Bio and Draft Slides
- Submit draft slides and speaker bio through your File Collections Link by Tuesday, January 7. Link will be sent directly to the Speaker from MP Associates.
- Feedback on draft slides will be sent to the speaker by Wednesday, January 15.
- Slide Presentation Template - Please note that you may have your company logo on the first slide only.
- Please use a 16:9 aspect ratio on all slides.
- Please prepare a 25 minute presentation + 5 minutes for Q&A.
Submit Final Slides for the Archive
- Submit final slides through your personalized file collections link by Monday, February 10.
Registration & Visas
- Registration instructions will be sent to the speaker in January.
- The speaker must be registered by Monday, January 27.
- You may contact Nannette Jordan with registration questions.
- One person from the paper must be registered before the final paper can be submitted.
- Failure to register will result in your paper being removed from the conference proceedings.
Visit the Registration area to learn about traveling to the U.S., obtaining a Visa, and how to contact the DVCon Office for an invitation letter.
- All speakers are required to bring their slides to the conference! Please arrive 30 minutes early to your session in order to load these slides to the laptop provided.
Audio Visual Information
This is a list of the equipment you will find in each of the presentation rooms.
- LCD projector, resolution 1024x576
- Computer Equipment/Software Dell D360 Latitude, DVD/CD-ROM, Dual Core, USB
- Windows XP Operating System, Office 2010 software, OpenOffice, LibreOffice
- Acrobat Reader
- Podium microphone
- Lavalier microphone
- Aisle microphones for questions
- Laser pointer
- Speaker timer