TPC Member Resource Center
Thank you for being a member of the DVCon U.S. 2019 Technical Program Committee! This TPC Member Resource Center is designed to help you through the review process for papers and slides.
- August 21-28Bidding
- Monday, September 10 Abstract Review Site Opens
- Monday, September 24 Abstract Review Site Closes
- Monday, October 1 Official Accept/Reject Notification
- Monday, November 5Draft Paper Review Site Opens
- November 5-14 TPC to provide feedback on draft papers
- November 14-30 TPC to review revised draft papers (second drafts) and provide final signoff on revisions to draft papers
Bidding on Extended Abstracts
Bidding Opens on Thursday, August 23
- You will receive exact instructions on how to properly bid on abstracts.
- Bidding will be completed through your Navigation Center.
- The bidding scale below is how you will rate the abstracts.
- Bidding Scale:
- 4 - Very familiar, eager to review
- 3 - Familiar, can capably review
- 2 - Somewhat familiar, can review but prefer not to
- 1 - Not familiar, please don’t assign to me
- Bidding Scale:
- You must bid on all abstracts.
Bidding Closes on Tuesday, August 28
Abstract Review - Round 1
Review Site Opens for Extended Abstracts on Monday, September 10
You will receive exact instructions on how to review abstracts and your required reviews.
The TPC Chair will assign required abstracts to you for review.
Your required abstracts are denoted by a checkmark in the “Required” column on “Your Reviews” page.
Should you choose to do so, you may review more than what is required of you.
You have until 5PM (MST) to complete your required reviews.
Accept/Reject Notifications will be sent on Monday, October 1
Accepted abstracts selected for presentation as a poster will produce a poster for their presentation at conference AND will produce a paper for inclusion in the DVCon 2019 Proceedings.
Draft Paper Review - Round 2
Draft Papers Review Site Opens on Monday, November 5
- You will receive exact instructions on how to review draft papers.
- You will also receive an email notification each time a new draft paper has been uploaded or the submitter has made new comments.
- All communication with other reviewers will be done through your Navigation Center.
- You will be designated as a “Shepherd” or “Other Reviewer.”
- Shepherd: You will be the only one who communicates changes to the submitter. You will compile all feedback to send to the submitter.
- Other Reviewer: You will send all of your feedback to the Shepherd, not the submitter.
- This will be shown in your Navigation Center.
- While reviewing draft papers, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- PDF file type
- Single-spaced, one column format
- Proceedings Paper Templates
Feedback On Draft Paper
Feedback on Draft Papers Deadline is between Monday, November 5- Wednesday, November 14
The Shepherd is responsible for communicating all feedback to the submitter from the "Other Reviewers" as well as providing feedback themselves.
- Feedback will be communicated through the Navigation Center.
- You will receive an email each time a new comment is submitted.
- This process consists of collaboration between the author and the TPC member in the given time period to ensure the highest quality paper.
Final Paper Sign Off
New versions of the paper should be submitted by the author during November 14 - 30. Once the Shepherd for the paper feels that it is ready for conference, the Shepherd will then mark the paper as "Final Paper Ready". This will lock the ability for new versions of the paper to be submitted by the author.
Please have final papers signed off no later than December 5th. Final Papers are due for conference proceedings December 10th.
Deadline: Monday, January 28
Registration instructions will be sent to you in January.
- You must be registered by this date.
- You may contact Nannette Jordan with registration questions.
Information - Visit the Registration area to learn about traveling to the US, obtaining a Visa, and how to contact the DVCon Office for an invitation letter.
Slides Review and Feedback
If you are assigned as a Session Chair for DVCon US, you will be required to review the presentation slides.
Draft Slides is due by Tuesday, January 8
- You will receive exact instructions on how to review slides.
- All communication with the speaker will be done through your Navigation Center.
- Session Chairs are responsible for reviewing slides for their sessions.
Feedback on slides is due by Wednesday, January 16
- Communicates all slide feedback sent to the speaker.
- Slide Presentation Template - Please keep in mind that the slides are only allowed to have the company logo on the first slide only.
Final slides are due on Monday, February 11